Honda Motor Co. (NMS) is a public multinational automaker with headquarters in Minato, Tokyo, Japan. The company also produces motorcycles and power equipment, aircraft, solar panels and robotics. It has Assembly plants in Europe, North and South America, and Asia. As of 2015, North America accounted for around half of total Honda sales. Honda has established its main factories in the USA, and in 2013 he became the first Japanese automaker to be net exporter from the United States.
Honda is the world’s largest motorcycle manufacturer and one of the largest manufacturers of internal combustion engines. Their civic and Accord models are two of the longest-running nameplates Japanese automakers.
Among his notable achievements, in 1986, Honda became the first Japanese automaker to produce various luxury brands, Acura. Around the same time, the company has been actively involved in research and development of robotics, and eventually became the first company to produce a humanoid robot able to ascend and descend the stairs. Honda introduced the first hybrid electric car in the U.S., the Insight, in 1999.
Honda has established three joint ventures in China and has a strong presence in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina as well.
The company’s stock trades on the Tokyo stock exchange and new York stock exchange, and second, traded on the London stock exchange, on euronext Paris exchange and the six Swiss exchange and on several regional exchanges in Japan.
In 2017, Executive Vice President of automotive operations Masayuki Igarashi awarded fifteen suppliers to American Honda’s main reward partner. The winners are:
- Alpha Omega Solutions, Inc. Brea, CA
- Altura Associates, Inc. Irvine, CA
- Atlantic container line AB of westfield, N. John.
- Bi worldwide of Minneapolis, mn
- Brando, Inc. Dana Point, CA
- C. A. R. Transport, Inc. from Burleson, TX
- Data linkage software TORRANCE, California
- GDSs Naples, Florida
- Lithocraft company Anaheim, California
- MullenLowe Boston, MA
- Rhythm , Irvine, California
- RPA Santa Monica, California
- Strategic Business Communications, Inc. from POWAY, CA
- Targetbase of Irving, Texas
- Tyco integrated security in Boca Raton, Florida